• Home
  • /
  • Topics
  • /
  • Unfinished Business from June 18 and Future Agenda Items

Unfinished Business from June 18 and Future Agenda Items

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Amy Weir

Dear Colleagues,

After a very late night we still have much work to do. What I notated last night as unfinished business, future agenda items, and new business:

Unfinished:
    • Board Workshops/Committees Discussion and Possible Action
    • Fiscal and Budgetary Strategy Discussion and Possible Action
    • Budget Amendment for General Fund (Function Code 8900 Transfers Out) of $15,425,000. This was pulled from consent and will need to be Discussion and Possible Action. The administration is recommending $15M for Capital Projects and $425,000 for print services. Board discussion last night was whether we should also use these funds for Equity, Behavioral Health, and/or Covid related reserves. As I understand it from Dr. Adix last night these funds will just sit until we decide where to move them, so we will need to discuss at our next meeting. As part of Trustee Moses’ motion to approve the budget was the request that Dr. Flores bring back to the board a recommendation for behavioral health expenditures we will hope to have that at the meeting where we allocate these dollars. We had a very thorough discussion on Equity with a specific dollar recommendation and plan that I believe we must consider fully funding with these dollars.

Future Agenda Items:
    • Request for board discussion on a ballot proposition for Single Member Districts for RRISD Trustees
    • Agenda Setting Review and Trustee Participation
    • From 6/4 – Resolution on Virtual Learning, Resolution on Equity Policy Review
    • From 5/28, 5/14, 5/7 – Superintendent and Board Self Evaluation

A request to Board Counsel to provide the full board with:
    • Information on the process for a ballot proposition on single member districts
    • Information on the process for adding Trustee Math’s place on the ballot for the remaining 2 years of his term.
    • Information on legal billing

Please let me know if I’ve missed anything.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another item that needs to be added is a Lone Star Governance compliance discussion. Although we will definitely discuss these items at the Board Self Eval, I believe that it’s important to discuss these items beforehand, in order to receive credit for some of the items during our Self Eval. I recall that there was disagreement on one or more of these items at the prior Self Eval.

For example, for the Unity component, we need to discuss and assert (or not) that;

1. There is an expectation that information provided by the Superintendent to one Board Member is provided to all Board Members,

2. All Board Members must agree that they are responsible for the outcomes of all students, not just the students in their region of the school system,

3. Need to unanimously agree that all Board Members adhered to all policies governing Board operating procedures during the previous 3 month period

4. All Board Members and the Superintendent agree that none of the Board Members have given operational advice or instructions to staff members.

I recognize that we may not have fulfilled all of these items, however at our last Self Eval, there was some question as to whether or not we accomplished some of these commitments, and I want to make sure that we don’t have the same confusion again. Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Round Rock ISD Trustees Message Board’ is closed to new topics and replies.